Caritas-Hong Kong is one of the appointed Training Bodies listed in the Employees Retraining Ordinance that conduct ERB training courses.
The objectives of the "Manpower Development Scheme" are to assist our service targets to re-enter the employment market upon completion of training, to sustain in their new posts, and to move up their career ladders. The services include offer training courses, employment counseling, referral services and placement follow-up services.
Caritas-Hong Kong offers a wide variety of training courses, including:
>"Skills Upgrading Scheme Plus" Courses
>Generic Skills Training Courses
For details, please refer to the Course Prospectus and Course Application form (Application Guidelines)
The Higher Diploma in Health and Community Care for the Elderly aims to equip students with the appropriate knowledge, skills and attitude to support their initial employment in community-based healthcare services to the elderly. The programme provides student with a dynamic range of skills includes: broad-based training in health and rehabilitation related professional knowledge that opens winder options for work and further study; support from Caritas Social Work Services for visit, placement and job opportunities; and s kill practice in simulation training facilities that enhances students’ job competencies.
In the 2012/13 academic year, the Education Bureau introduced the Diploma Yi Jin (DYJ) Programme to provide an alternative pathway for secondary 6 school leavers as well as adult learners.
DYJ programme consists of 5 core subjects (total 420 contact hours), i.e. Chinese Language,English Language, Mathematics, Liberal studies, and Communication Skills. Elective courses of 180 contact hours in total.
Year of study : Full-time mode (1 year) ; Part-time mode (normally 2 years). Nevertheless, regardless of his/her mode of study (full-time or part-time), students must complete the whole programme within 5 years. Otherwise, they will not be awarded the Diploma.
Cosmetology courses are mainly Competency Standards based (SCS) for the beauty industry. Our lecturers are experienced in teaching SCS-based Units of Competency (UoCs), aiming at equipping students with professional knowledge and practical skills in the Beauty industry following closely the market trend so that students could enter the Industry in a short period of time acquiring the major skills required in the sector. Our diploma/certificate courses include the areas in beauty care, make-up, nail, hand and foot care so that students could choose area(s) of development based on their capabilities and interests. Students could acquire internationally recognized professional and vocational qualifications after graduation.
Characteristics of "Applied Learning Course" at Caritas Institute of Community College:
- Focus on internships. Students can experience and recognize the industry.
- The curriculum is practical and professional, which can raise interest in learning; and help students to achieve basic skills, thinking skills, relationships, values and attitudes, as well as professional-related capabilities;
- Enhance learner motivation with diverse learning activities and continuous assessment methods;
- To promote student counseling and care about students' whole-person development.
- Over 97% of students achieving Attained or above
Successfully completed the Diploma Yi Jin Programme, you:
- obtain the qualification which is deemed comparable to the attainment of Level 2 standard in five subjects including Chinese Language and English Language in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) Examination.
- may admit to the programme at the level of QF4
Successfully completed Higher Diploma Programme, you:
- obtain the qualification at the level of QF4
- may admit to the relevant top-up degree programme
(at level of QF5)
Graduates of Higher Diploma in Health and Community Care for the Elderly are eligible to register as Health Worker with Social Welfare Department.
Graduates are eligible to register as Qualified Kindergarten Teachers with the Education Bureau and as Registered Child Care Workers with the Social Welfare Department (SWD). They also attain the professional qualification required for child care supervisors with the SWD.
Based on your own interests and abilities, you can set goals and prepare for further studies and career in the future.
- 1 December 2018 Commencement of Higher Diploma Programme application and admission interview
- 6 December 2018 Commencement of E-APP main round application
- 14 May 2019 Deadline for E-APP main round application
- June 2019 Release of results for the 1st Round Interview
- 21 May 2019 Commencement of E-APP second round application
- 30 June 2019 Deadline for E-APP second round application
- July 2019 Release of results for the 2nd Round Interview
- 10 July 2019 Announcement of the 2019 HKDSE results by HKEAA
- 5 August 2019 Announcement of the 2019 JUPAS Main Round offer results
- 2 September 2019 Commencement of study (Tentative)
- 6 December 2018 2019/20 Commencement of first phase of online admission application
- 10 July 2019 Announcement of the 2019 HKDSE results by HKEAA
- 11 July 2019 4:00pm Deadline for the first phase of online admission application
- 12 July 2019 9:00am Release of results for the first phase of admission
- 12 July 2019 2:00pm Commencement of second phase of on-site admission application
- 2 September 2019 Commencement of Study
- July 2018 Commencement of the first quarter application
- September, October 2018 Commencement of the first quarter study
- October 2018 Commencement of the second quarter application
- December 2018, January 2019 Commencement of the second quarter study
- January 2019 Commencement of the third quarter application
- March, April 2019 Commencement of the third quarter study
- April 2019 Commencement of the fourth quarter application
- June, July 2019 Commencement of the fourth quarter study
- May 2019 Commencement of application and admission interview
- 16 September 2019 Commencement of study
- January 2019 Commencement of application and admission interview
- April 2019 Commencement of study
- October 2018 Commencement of application and admission interview
- 3 December 2018 Commencement of study
- December 2018 Commencement of application and admission interview
- February 2019 Commencement of study